Turbo Chubby parts

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 10 16:25:31 GMT 2001

>If anyone has insight on some
>combustion chamber designs for a twin turbo smallblock chevy, I'm
>beginning the parts-buying process for the new engine soon.  Now back to
>your regularly scheduled bickering...

>Andris Skulte

I would suggest using heads with "heart" shaped chambers with the plugs
angled toward the exhaust valves, and setting the squish/quench clearance
as tight as you dare. Aluminium heads will generally allow almost a full
point more compression for a given fuel quality/;boost level without
getting into detonation. Forged 4032 alloy (the lower expansion one
compared to 2018) pistons are a good way to go. Internal coatings,
particularly on the piston crowns,  are helpful.

Greg