Constipated Carb

Robert Harris bob at bobthecomputerguy.com
Mon Dec 10 17:02:19 GMT 2001

Project Constipated Carb ( " Plugged Up" ) is underway.

RV uses 292 Ford Y-Block V8 and a dual plane 4 barrel manifold.

Main fuel unit and components is a butt simple vacuum secondary holy shit
holly 4 barrel.  With modifications.

Idle jets plugged.  Accelerator pump removed.  Transitions sealed.  Mains
leaned back.

Very simple EFI that takes its cue from the carb TPS and from EGO ( I'll be
stealing Dr Bruces design and adopting it.  Why can I do that - because I
asked first, and will give Bruce everything about it and it will not appear on
this list unless, if after it works and its given back to Bruce - Bruce
himself wants to publish it ) and maybe a misfire defecation complication.

EFI for idle, early transition and mixture trim.  Carb for low mid to full
throttle - to take full advantage of atomization of venturii action without
losing tunability of EFI.

House Propane will also be used and controlled.   Gas propane in several steps
controlled by solenoid valve.

Controller based on adaption of antique german injection system.

Electronics research starts after christmas vacation to find small simple chip
- either atmel or basic stamp pic.

Butt simple control logic laid out enough to reduce to silicon after choosing
chip.

With luck running this summer - if Rosa lets me have enough time to thimk.

For control logic - check the archives.  I've blathered enough about its
elements on this list and right now just want to build it rather than spar
with the dweebshits.   If it works, I'll consult with some other Dark Siders
and maybe allow it to be publicly stolen because since Rosa isn't into whips
and chains, I really need to be flogged and abused for trying to do something
for someone.