Which WB O2 sensor is OK?

Kevin _ kiggly at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 22:16:38 GMT 2001

I believe you need a sensor from a non-CA car.  As we know, emission laws
are stricter in CA because of smog problems.  Therefore, I'm drawing the
assumption that the CA version had to run stoich to maintain maximum
catalyst efficiency and lowest emissions.  You can easily detect stoich with
a cheaper, switching narrow-band O2 sensor.  In the other states, laws are a
little less strict so I'm guessing it was a lean-burn civic VX in 49 states.
  Just to toss out a question, does anybody know what A:F they ran on the
lean-burn side of that VX?  I know it couldn't be that lean because its not
stratified charge, but I am curious...

Kevin