LM1815; distributor hall sender sensing

Rich M rsrich at cwcom.net
Tue Dec 11 00:10:29 GMT 2001

Steve,
It could be that the input signal from the hall effect does not reach zero.
Hall effect outputs often swing between two voltage levels which are both
above ground. LM1815 requires that the input at least reaches 0V, preferably
going negative. You could try capacitive coupling of the input signal to get
a zero crossing signal.
Cheers
Rich