Turbo Chubby parts

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 11 05:52:47 GMT 2001

>On a related but different subject, what is the difference between
>atomization & vaporization.  I think that atomization is when you shove a
>fluid through a hole & it atomizes, meaning it goes into small particles
>that are more likely to get suspended in air better than larger particles.
>& vaporization is when something hits something hot & changes states (water
>to steam for example, exceeds the latent heat of vaporization & changes
>states.  Challenging my physics from way back)

You are pretty much right on. Add in the facts that you can't vaporize more
than what will produce the "saturated" partial pressure at any given gas
temp and that you WON'T vaporize anything unless heat energy equal to the
latent heat of vaporization is "available" to do the job, and you pretty
much have it.

Greg