Atomisation

Rich M rsrich at cwcom.net
Tue Dec 11 09:49:53 GMT 2001

This is indeed what is done on high output Ford Cosworth 2.0L DOHC Turbo
Engines (>400bhp). The port injectors are used for light/medium load running
and the second set firing into the trumpets are switched in for higher load.
The Sierra RS500 was fitted with the trumpet injectors from the factory ,
although mainly for homologation purposes, the road spec car at 200bhp only
actually operated the port injectors.
Cheers
Rich