Which WB O2 sensor is OK?

Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com
Tue Dec 11 17:09:06 GMT 2001

What is the other list, would be curious what they discuss?

-----Original Message-----
From: efi_student [mailto:efi.student at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 7:27 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: Which WB O2 sensor is OK?

This is correct.  I just did a search through a Honda parts site, and
the 49 state model is completely different and MUCH more expensive. Not
just the sensor, but the whole exhaust set up.  The NB sensor is cheap,
that is what you are seeing for under $100.  I also have some parts
scouts looking for a better price than www.partsbin.com and so far, even
with an enticement of a purchase of 10 or more units, no one seems to be
able to best that price.

BTW, (pulls on hip boots), I have been getting a lot of requests from
list members on another list for a DIY-WB unit.  I don't have the
financial resources to help them all out, but I have offered certain
people (whom I believe would both honor the user's agreement AND not
complain if they have small issues using the unit because it isn't a
commercial item and doesn't have a spiffy display yet, yada, yada) an
assembled, tested unit sans sensor (I will test with my own sensor(s)
before shipping) for cost of components.  The agreement I have made with
them is that they MUST abide by the user's agreement, AND report their
results back to me for sharing with this list.  After all the noise, I
think I understand both the letter and intent of the user's agreement.
Do the designers agree that this type of distribution is within the
bounds of the agreement?

Lance