Atomisation

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Tue Dec 11 18:53:58 GMT 2001

-> As a matter of interest have you ever tried remote injectors where,
-> at high RPM you squirt into the trumpet. Requires a little more
-> finesse in programming I would guess but should give great
-> atomisation up at the high end

 Of course!  But when it's on an ordinary passenger car instead of a
race car, we call it "throttle body injection"...

 For any independent-runner setup, like the common Weber-pattern
throttle bodies, moving the injector to above the butterfly will help a
lot.  Flow across the butterfly is sonic at low to medium angles, which
breaks up the fuel nicely.