Turbo Chubby parts

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Wed Dec 12 19:43:39 GMT 2001

From: "Bob Wooten" <r71chevy at earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Turbo Chubby parts

> High pressure = easy to maintain nice spray patterns in all conditions,
> something about "overwhelming the manifold conditions" thing.

You can subscribe to two or more schools on how you want the water applied.
Brute simple dumb, or go with the wizz bang stuff.  If you go with the
first, then the couple PSI difference ain't gonna really matter in
relationship to the flow.  ie, say your running 24 PSI of boost and turning
it on at 18.  6 PSI variance, as compared to 200 PSI is no big deal.  If you
trying to run a system at 40 PSI that 6 is rather meaningful.

> fogger nozzles for easy availability.  I suppose this application could
> really use someone to come up with a single injector nozzle similar to a
> fogger nozzle that would be simple to change jets on, or better yet, have
> single nozzle/jet for all locations & have a variable jet somewhere else
(or
> pressure, but then we get into critical flow or not).

A hole in a brass fitting is good enough when you have lots of PSI behind
things.

> what do I want?  I think that I want vaporization for increased economy &
> atomization for power.  Warm, tepid or cold?

WI for economy?.
OK, but have a huge tank.

Vaporization will cool the charge temperature, and atomization will make
power.   IMO, you'll use an intercooler for the temp., and then worry about
atomization for power.

> exactly what it "does" is still a mystery to me & the topic of a major
> debate that I don't think that we have got to the bottom of.  BUT, what
> appears to be results of that is, increased resistance to detonation,
keeps
> the cyls clean (old mechanic dude teached me that one) & increases HP, by
> reducing charge temp (but I have a feeling that this one is open for major
> debate here).

Try the archives, jun/jul of 00 (maybe 99).  There is a very interesting
post by Mr Harris that gives a great insight into what really happens with
WI, in the chamber's reaction.
Bruce