Turbo Chubby parts

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 12 19:56:03 GMT 2001

Greg,

Hope I did not step on your toes, implying that I was talking for you, that
was not my intent.  Just trying to sort all this stuff out.

Onto topic, by negative work do you mean that when the piston comes up
during compression it looses work (meaning that it is not free, it costs me
something to compress the gas) & by injecting water & by it cooling the
charge in the Cyl, it reduces the loss?

But on the flip side that the water reduces the amount of power (positive
work) that I would have got out of that charge if it were "dry"?

But the gain of the reduction of work is larger than the gain in the
positive work, meaning that the NET is more HP?  If I am on track, this
makes more sense (light bulbs coming on like a Christmas tree:)

Ahhhhhhhh, this makes sense.

So, IF I have a motor that is designed for WI I can design it around this
net gain (& the others that you mentioned) & have a solid system that is
going to be more efficient than one w/o it. (assuming a good state of tune
initially)

OR, if I had a motor that was not designed around it I could increase
something (air & fuel for example) & compensate for the increased load on
the engine with WI & keep the efficiency of this system hopefully the same.
(assuming a good state of tune)

OR if I had a system that was not of a good state of tune & I had to back
out timing or air or add fuel to keep the motor from detonating or reduce
the HP output, the WI could compensate for it & bring the motor back the
other direction.  This though sounds dangerous, like trying to fix a severed
arm with a Barney Band aid.

No arguments from me, that's grumpy's job, ;-)
BW