diy-wb bar graph display

David Randall davidra at windows.microsoft.com
Thu Dec 13 01:44:06 GMT 2001

www.future-active.com shows a qty 20 pricing of $1.875 for the LM3914.
Price goes to $1.438 with 100+.  That's only 50 boards worth for 100+
qty.

I've been laying out a PCB for Bruce's 36 LED display.  I don't have it
finished, and getting it to squeeze onto a 3.8" wide board is tight.
But, with any luck, it'll work.

At this point in my design, the LED's are on the board, and not remotely
connected.  I presume a 25 wire connector (and ribbon cable?) would be
sufficient to run the LED's remotely. I've searched around for some
gauge housings, but have come up empty handed.  I'd prefer to make a
finished gauge that would be sufficient quality that you'd be happy to
have in your car, and wouldn't want to hide it because it looks just a
project.

Does anyone know of sources for empty 2 1/16" gauge housings?  It would
be great if we could pull together a quality 36 LED 2 1/16" gauge for
less than the price of standard A/F gauge.

Dave Randall