Home for an injector

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sun Dec 16 03:24:32 GMT 2001

-> Has anyone any practical experience in mounting a port type injector
-> in a hot oil environment?.  As in the lifter valley?.

 I don't see any problems with that.  You might want to be particular
about the type of wiring you use; some of the cheap stuff doesn't like
oil much.  The connectors should be no problem; the old Cadillac V8-6-4
Eaton solenoids use the same connector as an ordinary Bendix type
injector.

-> Any good data about how it might survive in a 200dF *world*.

 It gets easily that hot under the hood anyway.

-> has anyone done any injectoe mounting without using a rail, and what
-> kind of success have you had.

 BDS cuts screw threads on each end of the injector and screws them
directly into the intake, then screws a hose fitting on the other end.

 MSD sells some nice bits to mount a hose on the end using the stock
O-ring setup and a wireform clip to hold the adapter in place.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?