Home for an injector

WEG1192 at aol.com WEG1192 at aol.com
Mon Dec 17 07:57:54 GMT 2001

In a message dated 12/15/01 10:26:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us writes:

> BDS cuts screw threads on each end of the injector and screws them
>  directly into the intake, then screws a hose fitting on the other end.

I'm doing this but I didn't speak up because you asked what kind of success
and its the first time I've tried it. Mainly saves a ton of precise
machining. If you mar up the hole when drilling for an O-ring, you're SOL. If
you mar up the hole when drilling for a threaded injector, a tap will take
care of it. I saved about 20 hours of work from this trick. Now the task is
to build a separate fitting for each injector and figure out a way to hold
them on the injector. Got an idea but haven't finished machining.

JW