Newish Member Post

Chris McKinnon chrism at cnx.net
Tue Dec 18 22:07:57 GMT 2001

>> I've been thinking about maybe using diesel injectors because of the
>> high fuel pressures you get with LPG and maybe a diesel injector pump
>> as well.
>
>I'd think your biggest challange with LPG in a diesel injector pump
>would be lubrication. Also the injector pumps I'm familiar with
>(Stanadyne) are fairly low pressure on the input side, like maybe 5-7
>PSI.

I'm not sure either. What I really need is a pumps that can take around 350
PSI at the input and can produce up to 350 PSI or so of boost. The reason I
like the injector pump is because they are seem soildly built. I suppose the
other approch would be to run a variable pressure fuel rail with a pressure
sensor to change the injector pulse width depending on the rail pressure.

My biggest worry is finding injectors that can handle a 350 PSI fuel rail
and the lack of lubricating additives found in LPG.

Chris