WB O2 Display

Fran and Bud quest100 at gte.net
Tue Dec 18 22:12:04 GMT 2001

I do better with an Oxy Acetylene torch than with a soldering iron, so this
question might bring Yuks from the lists knowledgeable and talented folks -
But I still have to ask it.

Radio Shack has a panel mount Voltmeter module with 9/16" high 3 1/2 digit
LCD display on page 242 of the catalog.   P/N 910-4915.

Not knowing any better, it seems to me that this could be added to the WB
O2's project box to read the sensor output rather than using a hand held
DMM.  It would still require the table to translate into AFR but it would
avoid taking a second meter (DMM) to the races where stuff tends to get
abused or broken. Its also a lot cheaper than a new DMM.  There is also an
analog meter on the same page but it looks to be more fragile and harder to
read in poor light.

Is it a question of accuracy or is it somehow
inappropriate/incompatible/dumb?

If it would work OK, then it could also be used to verify the battery
voltage >13.5 with the addition of a selector switch.

I know that its BIY (Buy It Yourself) rather than DIY but so is the sensor.

Is this thought OTL???

Bud