WB O2 Sensor Connector

Bryan Zublin bzublin at zublin.com
Wed Dec 19 21:25:32 GMT 2001

A list member was nice enough to email me photos of the mating connector
for the NGK wideband O2 sensor.  From these images, I was able to find the
Sumitomo part numbers in the catalog that I have.  They are sending me some
samples which I will forward to the list member to verify that it is the
correct connector.

I also received a quote today from Sumitomo for the connector shell,
retainer, terminals, wire seals and dummy plugs.  The total cost is about
$1.20 for all pieces required for the connector assembly.  Unfortunately,
Sumitomo has minimum order quatities of 1000 shells, 7000 retainers, 25,000
teminals, etc.  I need to negotiate a lower order quantity, but the total
order amount will still be close to $2000 because of handling fees for
split lots, shipping charges from Japan, etc.

I have odered from Sumitomo once in the past year so I have an account set
up.  I can arrange a group buy if I can get at least 100 people to
participate.  The cost would be about $20 per person, and for $20 you would
receive enough pieces to assemble at least 5 connectors.

I will post updated pricing information once I have it.  I have no
financial incentive for this group buy.  My primary goal is to be able to
offer the new connector for current DIY members, and to have enough
connectors on hand for at least a couple years to support future
DIY'ers.  Once my material costs are covered, the remaining connectors that
I have would be sold at cost plus shipping.  Unfortunately, this means that
the first 100 people will pay more than the people after the first 100, but
this is the only way that I can think it can work.

Regards,
Bryan Zublin
www.zublin.com