LPG Injection.

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 23 22:23:43 GMT 2001

Sorry I came in late on this one, but what happens if you try to use a
'conventional' electronic fuel injector with LPG ?

I know LPG has some things going for it. I had this 76 dodge pickup with a
440 that was on propane since almost new (had 140 gallons total capacity!)
fuel system always worked good (emco on holley baseplate) only trouble it
had was the chrysler ignition system(installed GM HEI module and cured it).
At about 350,000 miles or so it suddenly wouldnt hardly run so I tore the
engine down. The interior was quite clean and had VERY little sludge,
bearings looked good, and the cylinders had almost no ridge and good looking
bores.

The problem was that the valve seats finaly CRUMBLED. Some were totaly GONE
and most were spider-webbed and falling apart. When the valves were removed
most of the seats were removed by hand.
I've seen valve seats fail in gas engines(petrol for some) but nothing like
this, it was downright STRANGE. Ever seen this??

Marvin Fugate (always looking for more power)