MAP Sensor

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Sun Dec 23 22:39:15 GMT 2001

Andrew Theurer wrote:

> When you went to Autozone, did you specificy a particular car for the 2
> bar sensor?  I need a 3 bar and noticed there is no factory car that
> applies, and the drones at every parts store require a car to do a
> search.  Does anyone know where the 3 bar sensor is sold (online?) that
> is a reasonable price?

Newark (www.newark.com) has the motorola MPX4250AP in stock for $22.58
USD.  This is a 250 kPa (2.5 bar) absolute pressure sensor, which would
be good for up to approx 21.6 psi of boost.  Output is 0-5V.  I don't
know if this sufficient for your application or not, but someone might
find it helpful.  Are there any cars that run up to 3 bar manifold
pressure from the factory anyway?  Seems like a lot for oem.

Brian