Maximum Piston Speed

The Dupuis dupuis10 at telusplanet.net
Mon Dec 24 21:48:23 GMT 2001

Brutal Snippage...

>  I'm currently in the middle of destroking my 400 with a 3.48 crank and 6
> inch rods.
> And then supercharging the set up.
> Minimizing cylinder side loading is what I'm after, The extra bore and air
> flow appeals to me as well.

Have a look at Hot Rod June '97:  400 block bored .030, 307/327 crank, Ford
300 I-6 rods (6.209"), JE pistons, Air Flow Research 305- style heads,
215/215 @.050" Comp camshaft, 11:1 C/R, 87 octane fuel, 412.3 hp @5700 and
435.0 ft-lbs @3800, with 390 ft-lbs from 2400 to 5400 rpm.  350 cubes, very
little side loading, incredible torque curve (?, seems pretty flat to me)...
This could be my favourite engine, if only I were a chev guy.