RS232 interface for the Fuel Mixture Display (KC-5300 kit)

Peter Gargano peter at techedge.com.au
Mon Dec 24 21:49:37 GMT 2001

I promised to describe the simple changes to the KC-5300 Fuel Mixture
Display kit that gives it RS232 output capability at 19,200 baud, at a
repeat rate of 220 mSec/value. If you have the kit already, you just need
three extra resistors, and the version 1.1 PIC software (the kit already
comes with the transistor)!

Fairly brief, but complete details here:

  http://www.techedge.com.au/vehicle/wbo2/fmdrs232.htm

I'm still playing with the PC software to log the values, more details
soon. Remember, the FMD and PC software is free for non-commercial users.

Merry Xmas!

Peter.