dwell angle control

Carsten Beth Carsten.Beth at Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE
Fri Dec 28 21:02:21 GMT 2001

Hi,

I read the list since a few weeks and find it very instructive. Because
I never post something, I want to introduce me at first.

My name is Carsten Beth, I am a student of computer science with special
interrests in integrated circuit and embedded system design. I am very
familiar with digital systems but less with analog.

My favorite hobby is to drive an repaire old motorcycles. I own a Honda
GL 1000 from 1977 with mechanicaly controled ignition. Since last summer
I work on a efi solution for that motorcycle. It is based on a Atmel
microcontroler which receives signals from a hall sensor and shall
trigger a igbt. In the moment the controler hard- and software works,
but there are some problems regarding the ignition driver.

There is the smart device from Motorola, the MC3334. The main feature is
to automaticaly adjust the dwell angle, so the solenoid stores an
optimum energy with low losses. Does anybody now such a device which
drives an igbt instead a darlington and is triggered on logic level
instead of a reluctor pickup?

Best regards,

	Carsten