EFI control

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Wed Feb 7 21:04:58 GMT 2001

 Methinks I'll try to take the lead in an emulator design effort, and do a demo disk type thing ( single floppy works on a old 386 laptop. Who else is interested??
DIY_EMU ???

 just quick off the top of my head observations
dual port ram is expensive,
not all the eprom needs to be emulated

 hows about small d/p ram (16K?) and the rest flash.

 that way you can do the tables fast ( just swap out pages on the d/p ram) and the program is in slow to prgram cheaper flash, that will servive power outages?

Ideas and feedback PLEASE (esp from the EE's)

Previously, you (Bruce Plecan) wrote:
{
{ All *WE* need is a user friendly cheap emulator and we're there now.
{ With all the hacing, and good editors now, just getting away from having to
{ carry a burner around would about make this a perfect world, IMO
{ Bruce
{
{
{ From: "Pat Ford" <pford at qnx.com>
{ > I'm all for CHEAP! the oem ecms are CHEAP, $35 at the wrecker. they don't
{ come as easy to program as the aftermarket stuff but $965 ( guessing at $1K
{ for a cheap aftermarket ecm) buys alot of my hobby time.
{

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8