Trying to decide on RPM & crank angle sensor

James Ballenger vtjballeng at yifan.net
Fri Feb 9 06:42:32 GMT 2001

	You could use the stock Honda setup (assuming your CBR F 600 is similar to
the F2,F3,F4 setups I have worked with) and take it's reluctor signal.  You
could also make your own mag
sensor timing wheel or buy one on the market... I have several designs and
wheels that work up to 14,100 sitting in my shop.  The one that has worked
the best for our team has been a 2 channel hall effect sensor that works
with a timing wheel with two magnets embedded 180 degrees apart from
eachother in an aluminum disk.  The signal from the hall effect is a
straight digital signal vs the sinusoidal signal from a mag sensor.  These
are very easy to make and I have existing designs for fitting the wheels on
F3/F4 engines.

James Ballenger
vtjballeng at yifan.net

PS - if you want more design detail or specifics please email me off the
listserv