Friendly Emulator /racelogic groupe buy!

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Wed Feb 14 10:08:42 GMT 2001

steve ravet wrote:

> 995 is likely to be Great Britain pounds since it's a UK company.  VAT
> is the UK national sales tax, 17%.  1164 GBP total, or about $1750 in US
> dollars.  Unless it's pretty whizzy I'd keep looking.

Strange.  The UK's VAT is generally included in the price.  If you go to
a store, and an item is marked "1 pound", then it will cost you exactly
1 pound at the checkout (not 1 pound and some pence.)  If you are a
foreign tourist and buy an item that you take home, you can get a refund
of the VAT amount.  At least, this is how things were about five years ago.

So, the emulator price should be 995 pounds - VAT + shipping.