MAP sensors

Tony Bryant brd at paradise.net.nz
Tue Feb 20 20:37:46 GMT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Blakey <mike.blakey at baesystems.com>
To: DIY_EFI at lists.diy-efi.org <DIY_EFI at lists.diy-efi.org>;
efi332 at lists.diy-efi.org <efi332 at lists.diy-efi.org>
Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 3:15 AM
Subject: MAP sensors

>I have made my own MAP sensor from a differential bridge sensor (-1 to 0
bar). It
>works fine but I'm unsure of the expected range on a manifold, so far I've
only
>managed to get down to -780 mbar. If this is about typical I can alter the
gain and
>span to get better resolution over the expected range.  My sensor also is
>differential to atmospheric pressure, where as the OEM sensors do not seem
to be,
>is the correct?

I get about 14" vaccum max on the race, and 21" on the road car (30" =
1bar), so the answer
is probably, but it will depend on your engine.

r.e. atmosphere :
You might loose a bit of accuracy when the barometer moves. An O2 sensor
will take care
of it though. Driving it into the mountains could throw things out too far
though...