Waste Spark Coils

James Ballenger vtjballeng at yifan.net
Thu Feb 22 06:10:47 GMT 2001

The coils are  GM #

1103608;1103646;1103745;10468391;10472401;10477602;10495121;1049771

App -> Buick 97-86; Caddy 98-93, 88-87; Chevy 98-87 (These were all I wrote
down even though other
GM brands were represented, also the book I had did not list specific
models, I suspect because these were carried on too many models to mention

There are multiple styles of the GM two post coils and these numbers only
represent one style.  Though can look up the #'s for the other two styles if
some people want me to.

Mitsubishi (turbo Galant & eclipse), Porsche, and Rx-7 coils are all very
good, but they are MUCH more expensive and not any better than the GM
versions IMO.

GM now has a new setup they will probably be running on most cars to replace
the old two post coils.  They are the coil per plug with the ignitor built
into them, but they are $40 or so each and not any more powerful than the
waste spark coils and they require a sequential ecu setup.

James Ballenger