Waste Spark Coils

Shirley, Mark R MarkRShirley at eaton.com
Thu Feb 22 16:59:47 GMT 2001

I wasn't trying to be an a**hole.  You gave a number that is neither
a Motorcraft number or a Ford production number.  This may be an aftermarket
PN for some company that isn't related to Ford.  But all replacement
parts made by other vendors should be correlated to the Ford PN.
If you want a PN for a Ford wastespark coil, which application do you
want?  Early, late or somewhere in between?  If this number is all your
vendor has, then it's not enough to go on down to the dealer and get a
coil.  If you can wait till I get home, I'll pull one of the early coils
off the shelf, and give Paul the PN.  If you want something more late
model, I can make some calls and get some numbers.  Sorry, I don't work
at Ford anymore, so I can't go look it up myself.  Just for future
reference,
the PN should read something like XXXX-YYYYY-ZZ  where XXXX is a prefix
giving
decade/year of production/model, YYYYY- is a unique number for each part,
all coils
would be 12060 or something like that. ZZ is the rev level, AA and AB are
interchangable,
while BA and AA would not be.  Pretty simple once you get it figured out.
that's why you can find a part at a swap meet, and knowing the code system,
determine
what model and year of car it's off of.  Very handy.  And yes, I am anal.