Profiteers

Shannen Durphey Shannen at grolen.com
Thu Feb 22 17:18:38 GMT 2001

Well, let's put it in the archives.  I expect that people on list asking for
information which will be used for their gain or profit will in turn pass that gain
or profit back to the list.

Nothing stated here, on the list, has been given as a gift.  Nothing discussed off
list has been
given as a gift.  Unless a person clearly stipulates within an email or message
that he or she is
giving a gift, expect otherwise.

If a person chooses not to collect for any information used, it does not mean there
is no debt owed.  Just because they're not asking for payment does not mean there
is a
debt which does not need to be settled.

A true gift is a rare thing indeed.  If you ask for something, you owe something in
return.  If you sign up to this list expecting to get information, you should
expect to give something back in return.  If you are contacted off list as a result
of requests posted to the list, you are not absolved of your debt.

The physical world does not give "freebies".  There are always tradeoffs.  There is
no reason to believe that financial or social situations are any different.

TANSTAAFL:
There aint no such thing as a free lunch.

Is this clearly stated?

Shannen