Waste Spark Coils

Axel Rietschin Axel_Rietschin at compuserve.com
Thu Feb 22 18:12:26 GMT 2001

From: "Shirley, Mark R" <MarkRShirley at eaton.com>

> I wasn't trying to be an a**hole.  You gave a number that is neither
> a Motorcraft number or a Ford production number.  This may be an
aftermarket
> PN for some company that isn't related to Ford.  But all replacement
> parts made by other vendors should be correlated to the Ford PN.
> If you want a PN for a Ford wastespark coil, which application do you
> want?  Early, late or somewhere in between?  If this number is all your
> vendor has, then it's not enough to go on down to the dealer and get a
> coil.

Actually, I went to a Ford dealer with this number and got my coil within
minutes. This is a genuine Ford (or maybe Motorcraft) part and I think is is
OE on the Ford Mondeo range at least. I can't remember the price but it was
not very expensive. I'll check if there is a number on the coil itself and
post it here tomorrow.

regards,
Axel