Honda Direct Fire Coils

James Ballenger vtjballeng at yifan.net
Sat Feb 24 23:19:47 GMT 2001

>Yea, I can understand where you're coming from.  At this
>point, I think you
>would need to question the capacity of the bike's charging
>system - can the
>bike supply sufficient current to fully-charge both coils?
>Seeing as how
>most bikes have pathetic charging systems (especially the
>permament-magnet
>types at low revs), I think it's a fair question on your
>behalf.  Thanks for
>explaining your point.

	Yes, this is a serious problem we have run into. Our electrical demand on
our car is far higher than that of the stock bike.  We think Honda's
alternator, permanent magnet type at other end of crank, is putting out
plenty of power, but we end up frying voltage regulators consistently.  We
have two possible solutions, make a MUCH larger finned heatsink that will
see airflow or go with a larger bikes regulator, like a goldwing or
something.  Most teams claim the heatsink approach works so we will try this
first.

James Ballenger