Haltech/igniton issues,combat together to make one BIG issue.

Timo Leppälä tleppala at cc.hut.fi
Tue Feb 27 07:12:21 GMT 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Kris Weldy wrote:

> now,constantly doing it.Ive tracked the problem thus far to the haltech.When
> running at 3500rpm (,the haltech gets the tach signal from the coil as to
> what the motor is turning,) the haltech engine info screen reads fine,but
> when i floor it and it hits higher boost it instantly jumps up to 6800rpm
> and higher when the motor is actually only turning 4000rpm.

I also have Haltech (E6K, ignition and fuel). The problem with it was that
it turned really well and no problem with no gear. But when accelating
even just a bit it would read rpm like 5000-13000 (actually around 1800),
past that again fine and at 2400 again something strange again, etc. Cure
for this problem was to put a 10k resistor in series with reluctor pickup.
My guess would be that haltech gets false triggering duo to interference.
Maybe you should take the input signal somewhere else?