Accuracy of timing?

Mike Blakey mike.blakey at baesystems.com
Tue Feb 27 10:47:59 GMT 2001

I did some checks yesterday, and it turns out that the accuracy is 0.25 deg at
worst or spot on at best. I am using a 60-2 tooth disk, but I could get greater
accuracy if I use both the rising AND falling edge of the tooth and get 0.125 deg
resolution. But is this necessary ?

What accuracy do OEMs run at ?

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender
immediately by telephoning +44(1252) 373232. You should not copy it
or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute its contents to
any other person.