Haltech/igniton issues,combat together to make one BIG issue

Dan Zorde dzorde at erggroup.com
Wed Feb 28 00:47:47 GMT 2001

Kris,

I had this problem with my ecu (not a Haltech though, but exact same
problem), the signal was too large and ringy for the filtering in the ecu,
so it was double and triple triggering on every pulse.  A 10K may work but
its pretty crude.  Use something like 0.1uF cap (greencap) in series with
the signal, then feed it into a 10K/10K voltage divider, this fixed my
system.

                  0.1u                10K

                    >  10K

                           Gnd

You may want to put a cro probe on the coil signal to see what it looks
like before and after the filter.

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com