NTK, WBO2 resistor

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 28 05:41:33 GMT 2001

Finally got my but out to the garage last night & measured the resistor in
mine.  it was 6.16K.  it appears that for the few that I have seen that they
are in the 5K to 7K range.  I thought it interesting how it came apart & the
little plug in Res module in it.

if yall want to take yours apart & email me with the values I will put them
into a file. for giggles more than anything I suppose.  I am going to see if
I cant come up with a print for the CPU, well see where that takes me.  if
interested also shoot me the writing on the resistor, mine was M89 (or 68W)
as a reference.

my guess, this is an offset thing.  maybe the heater values are enough
different, that they are using them for a standard on the heater so fixed
value resistors can be used for feedback resistors.  the print will tell.
maybe I ought to ask for the heater resistances as well, though if they are
not all @ the same ambient temp, this is no good as the resistance value is
different @ different temps (as the research has shown).

just thin'in'

Bob Wooten