engine simulators

dennis spoolboy at autospeed.com
Wed Jan 3 00:04:18 GMT 2001

--- Stephen Burgess <msburgess at conestoga.net>
> wrote:
>who's got what to say about any of them.....
>
>I'm looking for a reasonable priced software package that would simulate 2, 3,
>4, 5 valves, long plenum, short plenum, different exhaust, etc
>
>basically I want the most versitile set-up but don't want to pay thousands...any
>chance there's a shareware package out there somewhere that would come close to
>what I want???

I just bought DesktopDyno2000. I'm not very pleased with it.

I'd recommend one of the various versions of "Engine Analyzer" from www.auto-ware.com

DesktopDyno2000 doesn't allow any real variables for manifold dimensions. You only get to pick, single plane, dual plane, IR, EFI, tunnel ram, or "forced induction". There are other things I don't like about it too.

Dennis