wierd o2

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 3 04:40:54 GMT 2001

This sounds like the Titanium O2 sensor.  They were used in Toyota (trucks)
for a short period of time & some Chrysler products.  the one that i bought
was from a 4.0L Jeep, don't recall the year but you will know it when you
see the price.  the standard 1 wire around here is $40, this one is $80.
If you want more information, I might be able to come up with it.  some of
the Chrysler applications used an inverse reading (higher voltage, leaner
exh).  this device is a variable resistance device & the advantage is that
there is not an external O2 reference.  this way when you take your truck
through a mud puddle you don't fill up the reference & freak out the O2
sensor.

I think that when i first got onto this mailing list there was some
discussion about this, so there might be more information in the archives.

BW

they give an output signal of 0-5v no the usual 0-1v.

> Thanks
>
> Phillip Martin

--- Bob Wooten
--- r71chevy at earthlink.net