Fw: Pop Off Valve

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 3 06:08:26 GMT 2001

vortech uses one on the LS1 kit that they have for the F bodies, that does
not have any wires or vacuum lines going to it. it looks just like some
that i have seen on turbo applications, but vortech is porting the gas back
to the intput to the blower, don't know why though.  i cant imagine that
they are that cheap though.

BW

B.O.V,
> >  the purpose of the B.O.V. to vent positive intake pressure when the
> throttle
> >
> >  plate is closed (normall during a shif), this eliminates the pressure
wave
> >  from damaging the turbo. By asking if this B.O.V is part of the
compressor
> >  housing it almost sounds like you are asking if this is a wastegate
used
> >  limit boost levels.

quotes)

--- Bob Wooten