Two O2 probes, one pre, one post cat???

Chris chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 22:43:11 GMT 2001

Can I throw a question into the arena please? A lot of Japanese cars
(and others) are now appearing with 2 O2 sensors, one conventionally
placed one pre the cat, and a second one just after the cat. if one
removes the cat to remove back pressure on a turbo'd car as a
performance hike what would the ECU make of this? On some cars I have
done this to there is never a closed loop mixture problem, nor a check
engine light either and no fault codes get stored (Toyota). I always
replace the second probe in a similar location after the now removed
cat(s). Thanks

--
Best regards,
           Chris