off topic / traction control

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Tue Jan 9 13:27:42 GMT 2001

panicing, what the instinctive response when something bad happens ? lock the brake ( then a flat/blown irte is totaly scary). I had a 4dr subaru blow a rear tire last year. I didn't even notice a difference in handling in a straight line.
 I blew a tire of my 2dr tracker (lr tire again) and it was VERY scary. I think the driver makes 80% of a difference and the car 20%

Previously, you (justin ivan) wrote:
{ ahh maybe you are right C&D it was. Either way, yeah the test could have had
{ more scenarios but it is interesting. I wonder what some people are doing
{ out there on the road? I had a tread separation on a full size conversion
{ van and I had no trouble controling it, yet just the other week I saw a full
{ size van upside down on it's roof, and a couple of miles later, a jeep
{ cherokee on it's side. What the hell are these people doing?
{
{