Two O2 probes, one pre, one post cat???

Shirley, Mark R MarkRShirley at eaton.com
Tue Jan 9 13:20:23 GMT 2001

They are regular O2 sensors, tuned for a slightly different output.
When I worked at Ford, we talked to a O2 release engineer, who stated that
they WERE different, and that you needed the proper ones in the proper
places.
The ones behind the cat are catalyst monitors, as one person stated, and
they
look for the *abscence* of toggling voltage.  If they start to toggle, the
OBD2 monitoring sets a code.