off topic / traction control

Shirley, Mark R MarkRShirley at eaton.com
Tue Jan 9 13:15:35 GMT 2001

I seem to remember seeing Motorweek doing the same Explorer test with the
tire
pressure.  Keep in mind that the tread separation issue was caused by
excessive speed
for extended periods.  100MPH was quoted once.  I don't think it's
reasonable to
think that you can drive an explorer at 100mph+ and *NOT* have problems
after a while.
Although what I've seen on I-94 at least here in Michigan, there are a fair
number of
people in SUV's going that fast.