Turbo manifold design.

Jörgen Karlsson jurg at pp.sbbs.se
Thu Jan 11 08:46:19 GMT 2001

Justin Ivan wrote:

> I't not familiar with Hugh McInnes but the idea of a slip joint is
> appealing, my only question is how to keep them from leaking?
> Bellows would
> solve this problem but could be difficult to produce.

The original plan was to use slip joints at the outer runners, but with the
large radius bends I used there wasn't any room for them. If you check this
3D sketch you see a slipjoint using a labyrinth seal, these can be made
shorter then the ordinary type.
http://www7.ewebcity.com/jurgmannen/junk/slipjoint.jpg

I have some pictures of the exhaust manifold on my site:
http://quattro.xrs.net

Jörgen