off topic / traction control

Romans, Mark romans at starstream.net
Thu Jan 11 16:42:12 GMT 2001

I didn't write the document.  Granted most people are moron's.  (At least
about cars)
I suspect that we have a seriously below average number of automotive
moron's on this list due to it's
subject matter.  I wasn't implying any fault on anyone's part.  Crap like
this
taints the whole auto industry in the eyes of consumer activists.  I work
for GM,
I have done many "1241 Investigations"  (Alleged product liability
investigations"
Any idea how many times I found something wrong with the car (When an
accident
was involved?)
ZERO!
(Non accidents are another story in some cases!)
Mark

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/tiresfrd000820.html

I'd be interested to see that document.

Hmmm....that seems ag'nst all logic. Normally, you lower tire pressure for
traction and the result is also instability <g>. They had balance harmonics
in those things  that resulted in the inability to get the vibration out of
the chassis at 34 psi pressure. They found that lowered tire pressure took
out the vibes--and gave you a smooooth ride. Unfortunately--this also
creates more tire heat.

Lyndon