off topic / traction control

Romans, Mark romans at starstream.net
Thu Jan 11 16:45:45 GMT 2001

I have found that it doesn't always follow logic.  Spend some time
in a car with an EVA, Electronic Vibration Analysis tool and you'll see.
Lowering tire pressure in some cases makes a car not feel as smooth.
The eva will still show the same normal road vibration magnitude, however
raising the tire pressure raises the frequency so your buns don't feel it as
much.  (My experience on one type of vehicle).
Also if you read the Ford doc or any document that explains turning, not
drag strip racing, lower the tire pressure decreases the grip at the end
of the vehicle that the tire pressure is being lowered on.