(Bit off topic) turbo lag...

TVS tkmvs at bigfoot.com
Sat Jan 13 17:57:48 GMT 2001

> My experiences with the Imp engine is the head gasket, even the Reinz
> one, is marginal under N/A conditions, the ONLY way you'll keep the seal
> is to use Wills rings and an outer water/oil sealing gasket. These are
> still relatively easily sourced here in the UK.

Yes, but aren't they about £80 a set? I've heard that a machined ring in the
head above the thicker part of the gasket helps... this was what I was
planing to do as well as increase the torque to 40ftlbs. Can't really afford
to go to a wet liner yet... I think a 998 is about £450. One day perhaps, or
may be a 1040 ;-) Thanks, Toby