Off Topic - So I'll Keep It Short - Pistons

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Sun Jan 14 02:35:50 GMT 2001

Hi Walt,
 When GM designed the Turbo 4.3, they used Hypereutectic pistons
for strength factors over "standard" cast stuff.  This is mostly opinion,
but they seem to hold up well, util heavy detonation occurs.
That is when the the forged pieces appear to be superior.
Mine have 42k miles on them.  I live very close to a dragstrip,
so they aren't easy miles.  I use  20+ psi with no problems.
I have no experience with Hypereutectics and nitrous.
Detonation would probably be the limiter in that case too..
hth,
Mike V