Commercial wide range Lambda meter, any good??

Raymond Brantley gt40 at home.com
Tue Jan 16 00:51:45 GMT 2001

Wow I'm glad I saw this thread, I was considering the AFM-1000 made by (ECM)
Engine Control & Monitoring. It goes for 1495.00 US$ from
www.powertrain.net, but has no display and only a 0-5v output it also has
the NGK sensor. The website says you can calibrate it by placing it in the
air and using the calibration adjustment, is that a benefit over the MRM
unit ? I also have been looking at the AFA-1 from
http://www.competitiondata.com/Products.htm#afa for 1195.00 that uses a
Bosch sensor.

Except for the calibration feature that the ECM unit has it looks like maybe
the MRM kit is the way to go ??

Thanks,
Raymond