haltech f7c map sensor issues

Kris Weldy volvo4life at home.com
Tue Jan 16 20:49:19 GMT 2001

Hello,i heard about this list from Micheal Lough,thanks Micheal!
 I have a haltech f7c in my 1987 760turbo,and right now am running 20psi of
boost on a stock motor.I had to switch the tps sensor out for a ford Taurus
one as the stock volvo one was basically a switch that didnt show what
percentage of throttle was being used-just wot or idle,so it had to be
switched.I had to buy the other sensors from haltech.
  My problem is that i have the map sensor built into the haltech ecu-and it
only reads up to 22psi-and the fuel maps only go to 22 psi.Ive run as much
as 26 psi before by just richening the last map and letting it lean out at
26psi-but that causes cylinder wash and a dead spot at 22psi,which is what i
dont want.Ive heard that you could swap out this map sensor for a 3 bar map
sensor-however haltech disagrees that it can be done(naturally they want to
sell me something newer).Does anyone here know anyone who has doen this with
this model haltech or have any further info on it.As of now im limited to
22psi and nitrous,but my plan was to run all boost.
Thanks for anyhelp.
links of my cars..
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/3404/kris.html?
details on current car: