PCB Design software.

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 19 13:07:28 GMT 2001

Mike Blakey tapped away at the keyboard with:

> I'm designing a DIS for use on my MG, The software packages I've
> used to date are Multisim/Ultiboard, which has a lot of
> limitations, a poor autorouter and not a very good library. I have
> also used Quickroute which is a really shit piece of software, It
> constantly crashes and you get NO support the manufactures.
>
> My budget is very limited, Does anyone have some experiences of
> GOOD software, the sort of stuff that actually does what is says
> on the box!!

Take a look at Eagle from http://www.cadsoft.de
Works well under Linux. There's a WinXX port.

The downloadable light version is free for non-commercial use.
Free version is restricted to smallish, double-sided PCBs.

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |