Haltech f7c map sensor info...

Kris Weldy volvo4life at home.com
Sun Jan 21 22:17:55 GMT 2001

I finally got the info from my haltech map sensor.The goal of this project
is to change the haltech f7c map sensor(mounted onto the chip)from a 22psi
map sensor to a 3 bar map sensor(roughly 40psi?).

So i took the case off the ecu today and checked the info on the map
sensor-first off its the same size as a penny and has one long screw on each
side with a nut holding the map sensor  down onto the chip(total of two
nuts).Its about a half an inch tall or less.The map sensor appears to only
have four pins-all on the right hand side-inbetween the two nuts.The top of
the map sensor appears to have a brand trademark or something on it that is
merely a letter "M" with a circle around it.then follows two rows of number
below it-the first row of numbers is:
mpx2200ap
the second row reads:
94    40

.Thats about all the info i can get about this sensor.does anyone know what
3 bar sensor i can use to replace this one?Someone also said the software
would change if i changed the map sensor-i got the impression they were
implying that the motherboard would "know" and then the software would go up
to the 3 bar setting.Is this true?It was my understanding that the software
would still read at most-22psi but that would really correspond to 3 bar-and
i would have to figure out what actual pressure corresponds to what fuel map
on the software.Any help is greatly appreciated as haltech-both in
Austrailia and Texas are of absolutely no help whatsoever as they say its
impossible to switch map sensors(paaa -yeah right).
 Also where would i find the 3 bar map sensor at.My knowledge of electronics
is very limited-much less supply sources other than radio shack!
Thanks a bunch.
--
Kris Weldy (AIM: VolvoFam3)
Arlington, TX